When my youngest was much littler than she is now, we used to play a game in the produce aisles throughout the fall. Every week she would select one new squash, because there are so many unique and colorful options to try that caught her eye. It was FANTASTIC; it encouraged taste testing and trying new foods and even better, she came up with the idea all on her own! So, out of the mix & quite desperate because she wasn’t loving her selections, I created Squash Monsters in an effort to find a way to keep her going. It was like ‘eye candy’ with veggies & it worked! It’s a little time consuming, so we don’t make them every night, but they’re a fun tradition once a season…How do you serve up Squash Monsters for dinner?
1. Make my recipe for Zucchini and Garlic – click here!
2. Make my Curried Spaghetti Squash – click here!
3. Using a small small scoop add the Curried Spaghetti Squash to the top of the Zucchini Garlic Rounds.
4. Add two peppercorns for eyes.
5. Use a spatula to serve.
6. DON’T EAT THE PEPPERCORNS Just saying…they are for fun only!
Disclosure: I am pleased to be working with MVP Health Care and the MVP Generation Go Program, which has sponsored this post. My participation is voluntary and my opinion is always my own, as is any advice offered.