Pizza, Figs and Goat Cheese…

I made my family one of my ultimate favorite pizza combinations to share, which includes figs, spinach and goat cheese.  It’s so easy and crazy good!  I can’t wait to share this – so, let’s get started…
Whole Wheat Naan Flatbread

I start with the Naan Whole Wheat Flat Bread and pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

garlic and light olive oil

I take three tablespoons of light olive oil and add a clove of garlic by using my garlic press and stir it together.

basting the flatbread

Placing the flat breads on a lightly oiled baking sheet, I then add a thin layer of the light olive oil & garlic by basting the top of the flat breads & then I top it off with just a pinch of sea salt.

toss the spinach

Then I toss 2 cups of fresh baby leaf spinach with the remainder of the light olive oil & garlic.

figs

I love this combination and add just a touch of sweetness with thinly sliced sun-dried figs; approximately 3 oz.

sun dried figs

Layer 1 = Tossed spinach

Layer 2 = Sliced Sun-dried Figs

sun dried tomatoes

This is my added flavor, but it is optional and the pizza tastes GREAT either way!

layer of sun dried tomatoes

I add just a few slices of sun-dried tomatoes.

Pizza with got cheese, spinach and figs

And, then I top it of with (drum roll please) goat cheese.  I use about 4 – 5 ounces for two flat breads and simply slice it and crumble it on top.

We then bake it up for about 15 minutes & serve.  Last night I served this to my husband with a pomegranate martini so that we could toast a start to the holiday season…I have to say it was YUM-ilicious and a great way to launch into the holiday season :)!

Disclosure: I am pleased to be working with MVP Health Care and the MVP Generation Go Program, which has sponsored this post.  My participation is voluntary and my opinion is always my own, as is any advice offered.

Comments

1. says

Hi Jodie! Thanks for stopping my Moms Surviving Kids! I am your newest follower and I am so excited about your posts with all these yummy recipes! Take care!
    hugs,
    Megan

2. says

Jodie, how clever! I’ve never heard of this combination. I must try this. Would you like to share this at “Empower Me Healthy” link up party on Wed? Also we would love to feature this recipe in our Empower Me Healthy Cookbook, with your permission of course. If you would like to be featured let me know how you want the credit published (i.e your blog, you etc) If not that’s fine too. Have a great and healthy day!

• Jodie Fitz says

Hi there! I’m so sorry – I missed the Empower Me Healthy Link up last Wednesday – I’ll peek for this Wednesday! Thanks for visiting :) I’ll email you about the other
      ~ Jodie

3. says

Jodie, I’d love to try this!! I just hopped over from Simply Better with Leslie. I will be hosting over at WholeHearted Home if you’d like to stop over on Wednesdays.

• Jodie Fitz says

Hi there – I’m a little behind due to my travels – I’ll peek over on Wednesday of this week. Have a great day & thanks for visiting & for the invite :)
      ~ Jodie

4. Ronnie Brossmann says

Goat milk is often consumed by young children, the elderly, those who are ill, or have a low tolerance to cow’s milk. Goat milk is more similar to human milk than that of the cow, although there is large variation among breeds in both animals. Although the West has popularized the cow, goat milk and goat cheese are preferred dairy products in much of the rest of the world. Because goat cheese is often made in areas where refrigeration is limited, aged goat cheeses are often heavily treated with salt to prevent decay. As a result, salt has become associated with the flavor of goat cheese.”

Please do look over our own blog
    <http://www.caramoantourpackage.com/