I love the whimsy of cooking around the holidays. And, everything is always a little better when you can take simple foods and turn them into fanciful fun with just a few quick slices. Here are a couple of very easy ideas for fruit dipping holiday fun that turns the ordinary into a memorable bite! The kids will love these and so will your guests; they are perfect for all ages!
Strawberry/Kiwi Tree Pops by Jodie Fitz
1. Slice a kiwi and remove the rind to create kiwi circles.
2. Wash and slice strawberries. Note: you won’t need the top of the strawberry for this food craft, so go ahead and eat them up!
3. Cut stars out of pineapple by using a star shaped fondant cutter that you can find at local craft stores.
Honey Dew Tree Pops by Jodie Fitz
1. Cut the honey dew melon in half lengthwise.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. cut long wedges the width of a tree cookie cutter.
4. Press into the fruit with the tree cookie cutter and then slice underneath with a knife to lift out the Christmas tree. Insert it into a cake/cookie pop stick and serve these fun fruit finds.
Pomegranate Fruit Dip by Jodie Fitz
4 oz. light whipped topping
3 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons 100% pomegranate juice (I love the POM Wonderful brand with no sugar added)
Fold the whipped topping and vanilla yogurt together. Fold in the pomegranate juice until all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Serve chilled.
Disclosure: I am pleased to be working with MVP Health Care and the MVP Generation Go Program, which has sponsored this post. My participation is voluntary and my opinion is always my own, as is any advice offered.