Meghan joined me at the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club Studio to carve up a whole new creation & help us build a Fruitcake made out of real fruit. We froze the center, layered, decorated & served up a delicious dessert that’s light and requires NO-BAKING! As much as baking is fun, it’s always a necessity to have that no-bake dessert list of ‘go-to’s’ for life’s special occasions when the schedule is on the busy side!
Although we made this recipe to share for Mother’s Day, it’s a DELICIOUS treat to serve throughout the entire summer & it’s easy enough that with a little guidance, the kids can create it from start to finish.
No-Bake Fruit Cake Dessert Fun by Jodie Fitz
8 oz. Price Chopper lite whipped topping
Flower fondant cutter
Mini wooden skewer
Two mini springform pans
- Trace the outside of one spring form pan with a marker onto parchment paper to create a circle. Repeat to create two circles.
- Cut the two circles out. These will serve as your watermelon stencils.
- Line one mini springform pan with plastic wrap. Once lined, add a one-inch layer of whipped topping to the pan and freeze it for at least one hour to create a frozen layer to be used in the cake.
- Cut a large slice of seedless watermelon approximately 2 inches thick that will accommodate both stencils. Cut two circles of watermelon with a sharp knife to create two circles of watermelon.
- Place the watermelon circles onto paper towels to drain the excess liquid for at least 15 minutes on one side, flip and let set on the other side for an additional 15 minutes.
- Rinse the blueberries and let them set.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half, remove the seeds and cut one large slice. Remove the rind & use the flower fondant cutter to create a cantaloupe flower for the tope of the cake at the end.
- Remove the frozen whipped topping from the freezer and remove the plastic wrap.
- Place one watermelon circle onto a plate, add the frozen whipped topping center, and top it with the remaining piece of watermelon.
10. Slide a skewer through the center of the fruitcake.
11. Holding onto the skewer, frost the cake with the remaining whipped topping.
12. Line the top and bottom of the Fruit Cake with blueberries & slide the cantaloupe flower onto the top.
This Recipe is Featured at: