Baseball Pita Pizzas
Do you have a baseball fan in your house? Check out these easy, but scrumptious baseball pita pizzas with a flavor twist you’ll love. This combo has become a family favorite and it’s great for entertaining. Our new found love = sun-dried tomato pesto. It gives our pizza a real artisan taste with absolute ease in the making and baking process.
This combo is great for any day, but it certainly makes for added food fun when it comes to birthday parties and Father’s Day…
Baseball Pita Pizzas by Jodie Fitz
Traditional or Whole Grain Pita Breads
Sundried Tomatoes, Italian Style
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the pitta bread on a pizza stone.
Spread 1 – 2 tablespoons of the sundried tomato basil on the pita bread.
Add approximately ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella on top of the sun-dried tomato basil.
Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin slices. Lay the sun-dried tomato pieces in baseball fashion as demonstrated on the pizza.
Bake the pita pizzas for approximately 10-15 minutes, until the pita is slightly toasted and the cheese is melted.
Note: Other traditional ingredients can be substituted if preferred.
Where do I find the ingredients in this recipe? You can find these at ingredients at you Price Chopper and Market 32 Supermarkets here:
- Pita breads are typically located in the deli area.
- Sundried tomatoes are typically located in the produce area near the fresh tomatoes and/or onions on the produce end caps located underneath fresh produce.
- The sun-dried tomato basil can be found on the specialty end cap near the other pasta sauces and/or in the pasta sauce aisle.
Lessons to incorporate for Kids:
- List Making
- Grocery Shopping
- Oven Safety
- Motor Skills (spreading, cutting)
- Measuring skills
- Math skills (division, fractions, etc)
- Taste testing
- Recipe experimentation