What’s on the Halloween menu this year? A night of Family Fun with great tasting bites for the entire family starting with Candy Corn Pizza for dinner. However, this candy corn pizza won’t deliver any cavities. It’s filled with yellow, orange and white food fun in the form of peppers & part-skim mozzarella cheese. You have to check it out and meet Isabella who joined me in the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club kitchen so that we could share this recipe with you. Isabella and I shaped our pizza like a big triangle, created great tasting layers & even added a little ghostly feature at the bottom using sliced mozzarella and ghost shaped cookie cutters.
Isabella is a master pizza maker, so be certain to cheer her on by watching her video :)!
What else is on our menu? We are serving the Candy Corn pizza with a side of Witches Brew, that I will be posting later this week. And, for dessert? Mini Candy Apple Bites . If you haven’t taken a peek, make sure you do, because they are not only delicious, but just the right size for this Halloween delectable!
- 1 Price Chopper pizza dough
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 oz. Price Chopper part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 slices of part-skim mozzarella deli cheese
- 1/8 cup Price Chopper light olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Using a garlic press, add the garlic into the olive oil. Stir the olive oil, crushed garlic and onion powder together and let it stand while preparing the peppers.
- Wash, core and dice the yellow pepper. Wash, core and dice the orange pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out into the shape of a triangle. Baste the top of the pizza and add a light layer of salt and pepper.
- Cover the entire triangle with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Add the yellow peppers to the top of the triangle to create a layer of the candy corn. Add the orange pepper to the center of the triangle to create the orange section of the candy corn. Place the pizza in the oven and let it bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Cut four ghosts out of the sliced mozzarella cheese while the pizza is cooking. Add it to the bottom of the pizza as the white layer in the candy corn during the last few minutes of baking so that it begins to melt, but maintains the ghostly figure and is recognizable.
- Note: The entire pizza, depending on your oven, should take 20 – 25 minutes to bake.