This Peanut Butter Maple Syrup Pancake recipe is Y-U-M-M-Y! You can eat these pancakes with absolutely nothing on top or you can add just a little touch of maple syrup to finish them off.
These pancakes are perfect for a little weekend fun. I always make a double batch and then let them cool, freeze them up and pop them in a toaster on busy weekday mornings.
Note to freezing pancakes: Let them cool, wrap each one individually in parchment or waxed paper, place the wrapped pancakes in a freezer bag and freeze.
Peanut Butter Maple Pancakes by Jodie Fitz
1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
¾ cup milk
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Using an electric mixer, mix the peanut butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract together. Slowly stir in the milk with a spoon.
Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to the wet mixture. Mix it together with the electric mixer.
Cook the pancakes over medium to low heat in a greased griddle and/or griddle pan.
Peanut Allergies? Replace the Peanut butter with the WoWButter® that you can locate in the allergen friendly aisle at your Price Chopper/Market 32 Supermarkets.
DID YOU KNOW?
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Two peanut farmers haven been elected President of the United States:
- Thomas Jefferson of Virginia, 3rd President
- Jimmy Carter of Georgia, 39th President
- There are six cities in the U.S. named Peanut: Peanut, California; Lower Peanut, Pennsylvania; Peanut, Pennsylvania; Upper Peanut, Pennsylvania; Peanut, Tennessee; and Peanut West Virginia.
Lessons for children:
- Measuring skills
- Mixing and Safety
- Planning Skills
- Stove/Griddle Use and Safety
- Flipping Pancakes, etc
Do you like pancakes as much as we do? Here are few other flavors to try:
- Cinnamon Pancakes with warm apple topping (YUM…)
- Pink-alicious Pancakes (One of my ultimate FAVORITES)
- Banana Maple Nut Pancakes (More Delish!)
- Honey Oat Pancakes (Mmm…)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes (another family favorite….)
There’s so many more recipes in my arsenal of recipes. I have to stop some place (ha ha)….if you want more just message me. We L-O-V-E pancakes and love to share good bites.