Try this Apple Cashew Smoothie Recipe, it’s easy and delicious. This smoothie recipe is great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s kid tested and kid approved.
Apple Cashew Smoothie Recipe
Apple season and Back to School are two of my favorite times of year. Apples are one of our favorites and we love picking them, eating them, dipping them, baking with them, cooking with them and drinking them (yes we add them to all kind of smoothie combos).
Check out this Apple Cashew Smoothie combo. It’s a super easy recipe that’s great for breakfast or an after school snack. It’s D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S and worthy of a little taste testing try, but before you do…here are a few fun facts about apples;
- Did you know that apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol?
- Did you know there are 2,500 different varieties of apples grown in the U.S.?
- Did you know that only the crabapple is native the U.S.?
- Did you know it takes approximately 36 apples to make one gallon of cider?
- Did you know the average apple contains 10 seeds?
Here is the recipe in a printable format for your convenience;
- 2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk, vanilla unsweetened
- 1 Apple
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Wash, core and peel the apple. Dice the apple.
Place the ice, cashew milk, diced apple, cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon into the blender. Blend well to liquefy the ingredients. Serve cold and fresh.
Going Vegan? Replace the honey with organic agave or maple syrup.
Looking for Nut Free? Replace the cashew butter with the WOWButter® and the Cashew Milk with either regular milk or rice milk.
Where is everything at my Price Chopper/Market 32 Supermarket?
- WOWButter® is located in the allergen friendly aisle.
- Cashew butter options are located where you will find peanut butter and jelly.
- Cashew milk is locate in the dairy coolers near almond and coconut milks.
- Rice milk is typically located in the cereal aisle.
Looking for another way to use apples in a smoothie? Try my Apple Banana Smoothie for more back to school, apple picking season yum!
You can grab it, blend it and try it by clicking on this link: