Avocado Pudding is surprisingly delicious and an easy recipe. It’s perfect for lunch box packing and after school snacking. It is a healthier dessert option to serve.
Avocado Pudding Recipe
Oh the avocado pudding craze! I decided to try my own avocado pudding mix. What did I discover? It’s actually creamy, thick and smells just like the pudding from the box. Hmmm, since it smells like pudding and looks like pudding, I’d say that this makes the perfect April Fool’s Day lunch box packing fun. However, it’s really everyday yum.
Honestly, avocado pudding is great for the lunch box, it’s equally delicious as an after school snack and it’s always a wonderful dessert swap and trade option.
You know me, I love easy recipes. All you have to do is put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend = boom done!
If you are making this recipe with the kids, there are always lessons in every recipe making experience; some messy, some not. Here are a few to focus on when making avocado pudding:
- Preparing different fruits
- Knife safety
- Measuring ingredients
- Leveling dry ingredients
- Blender safety
Here is a printable version of my avocado pudding recipe for your convenience:
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter or WOWButter®
- ¼ cup vanilla coconut milk
- ¼ cup PICS honey
- 2 teaspoons PICS vanilla extract
Remove the avocado from the skin and discard the seed in the
center. Place the avocado in the
Peel the banana and add the peeled banana to the blender.
Add the unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter, coconut
milk, honey and vanilla extract to the blender.
Blend and serve!
More about Avocado Pudding ingredients;
- Avocado’s are a healthy fat packed with nutrients. To learn more about the health benefits of avocado’s click here.
- Bananas are not only high in potassium! Every bite brings you awesome nutrients. Learn more by clicking here.
- Can you make this recipe with peanut butter? Yes. We made it with WOWButter® because it’s a delicious peanut free, peanut butter alternative making it safe to share at schools.
- If you live near my Kids Cooking Club which is affiliated with Price Chopper/Market 32 Supermarkets you will always find WOWButter® in their allergy friendly aisles.
- Always swap out any ingredients that conflict with your own dietary needs to items your family loves.
Avocado Pudding Making (and packing ) Essentials;
Here is another lunchbox packing recipe the kiddos will love called Banana Split Dip. You should check it out! It’s another deliciously easy recipe;