My homemade Berry Crumb Muffin recipe is delightful. It’s a great recipe to use up those fresh berries during berry season. It’s a recipe the whole family will love.
Berry Crumb Muffin Recipe with Strawberries and Blueberries
I love berry season! Check out this Berry Crumb Muffin recipe. It’s a delicious way to use all of those amazing, delicious sweet strawberries and blueberries that are available right now at supermarkets, farmers markets and local farms. We are really enjoying all of the flavors that the spring/summer season finally brings to the northeast.
And, I love muffins! Not just because they are delicious, but because it makes breakfast EASY. I can make them ahead and simply pull them out and have them on the counter ready in the morning. I would add a little fresh fruit, maybe more fresh berries, and yogurt to the spread. Now it looks like you’ve spent hours and you haven’t = yay! This plan is great for company and equally great for the family breakfast plan.
No short order cooking going on here.
Heres the Berry Crumb Muffin Recipe in a printable format;
- 4 oz. cinnamon applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the berries. Hull and dice the strawberries. Set the berries aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the applesauce, eggs, vanilla, sugar and milk together well. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt together. Mix well.
- Fold the berries into the mixture with a spatula.
- Place cupcake liners into a muffin pan and evenly distribute the batter to make 12 muffins.
- Using a pastry cutter, fork and/or knife, cut the butter, brown sugar and 1/3 cup of flour together to make a crumb topping. Evenly distribute the topping on top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Frozen Berries: If it’s not berry season, you can trade the fresh berries for frozen berries.
Lessons for children: There are lessons in every recipe for children, but here are a few to concentrate on when making Berry Crumb Muffins;
- List Making
- Grocery Shopping
- Fruit prep
- Measuring ingredients
- Leveling dry ingredients
- Mixing Safety
- Baking Safety
- Following Directions
More Muffin Love: Enjoy baking? Check out one of our other family favorites; Peanut Butter Banana Muffins = YUM, YUM, YUM! These are often a regular at our counters because they are PERFECT for using up those ripe bananas. I love having muffins at the counters = easy breakfast grab and go!