Chicken Fiesta bowls are easy to make. These bowls are made with rotisserie chicken which makes any dinner one step easier. This winner chicken dinner is family tested and approved.
Chicken Fiesta Bowls Served for an Easy Dinner
Chicken Fiesta bowls are an easy dinner to make, especially if you use rotisserie chicken. I simply remove the chicken from the bone and then create a smorgasbord of items so that everyone can build their own bowls.
Here is a list of our favorite fiesta bowl eats:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Brown Rice
- Black Beans (canned, drained & rinsed)
- Sautéed Peppers & Onions (w just a bit of light olive oil)
- Shredded cheese
- Guacamole Recipe
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce
Here is my guacamole recipe to try…
- 2 avocado’s
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (half of a fresh lime)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Grape tomatoes (optional)
- Remove the skin and the pit of the avocados. Place the two halves into a bowl.
- If you are adding grape tomatoes to the mix, cut them into quarters.
- Chop the fresh cilantro.
- Mince the garlic.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime.
- Add the cilantro, sweet onion, lime juice, garlic, pepper, onion powder and sea salt to the avocados.
- Using an avocado tool, or fork, mash all of the ingredients together to make your guacamole.
SIMPLIFY a Little More:
- Purchase pre-made salsa. I personally like the Pico de Gallo styled salsa.
- Purchase pre-made guacamole.
- Purchase shredded cheese.
- Purchase pre-sliced bell peppers and onions typically found packaged in the produce aisle.
- And, you can even purchase cooked corn in the deli area of most supermarkets.
I simply start the rice, begin sautéing the peppers and onions, cook the corn, prep the chicken and pull everything out. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious and it’s a family favorite!
If you’re really organized, you can have everything prepped ahead for a simple warm up on busy nights. NOTE: Sometimes I’m totally organized and other times I’m totally not; true story.
More Rotisserie Chicken Yum: Rotisserie chicken also makes a delicious mission style burrito served with and easy Spanish rice for an entirely different Mexican inspired chicken winner dinner! The recipe link is below the photo for more veggie packed delicious dinner eats.