This easy chicken pesto recipe is delicious. This recipe is a perfect addition to the dinner menu plan. It’s a recipe that the entire family will love.
Easy Chicken Pesto Recipe
Need to switch up pasta night? Or, maybe you just need a new recipe to try? Well, check out my Easy Chicken Pesto mix that’s not only easy, but delicious.
My family loves chicken pesto…it’s a favorite! They love the pasta tossed with cooked chicken and sausage, fresh diced mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and pesto all topped with fresh shredded parmesan cheese = YUM!
This recipe is not only filled with flavor, it also includes a few shortcuts to save you some time. Remember, I always say….‘easy is my favorite ingredient!‘
Here’s the recipe to boil, cook, cut and toss together and try.
- 2 pounds of PICS chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 pound of Hatfield Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 pound of DeCecco Pasta, farfalle style
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, fresh
- 16 oz. Cappiello mozzarella, fresh
- 6.35 oz. Delallo Pesto Sauce
- ¼ cup+ Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Belgioioso Parmesan Cheese, grated
Dice the uncooked chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces.
Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the base of a pan. Add the sausage. As the sausage cooks, use a heat resistant cooking utensil to break up the sausage into small pieces. Cook it over medium to low heat. Just before the sausage is fully cooked, add in the diced chicken and cook it with the sausage. Stir occasionally as the meat cooks.
While the meat is cooking, cook the pasta as directed on the box to an al dente state.
Once the pasta is cooked strain it in a strainer, shock it with cold water and toss it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a light coating of sea salt.
Wash and dice the tomatoes. Set them aside.
Dice the mozzarella cheese into bite size pieces.
Stir the pesto sauce with a ¼ cup of the olive oil and 1/8 cup of water.
In a large bowl, bring everything together and toss it with the pesto sauce, stirring until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Top it with the Parmesan cheese before serving.
Sides? Serve with a fresh tossed salad with fresh ingredients found in produce and some PICS fresh baked Italian bread. Remember, they will slice the fresh bread at the bakery upon request.
Al dente? This simply means the pasta is cooked, but firm and not to soft.
Where is everything at my Price Chopper/Market 32 Supermarket?
- The PICS Chicken and Hatfield Sausage are at the butcher Counter and/or meat cooler.
- The DeCecco Pasta is in the International Food aisle with the other pasta/Italian products.
- The Grape tomatoes are located in produce.
- The Delallo Pesto Sauce is typically in the aisle with sauces and canned tomatoes. It is sometimes on a specialty end cap.
- The Cappiello Mozzarella and Belgioioso Parmesan Cheese are both located in a cooler near the deli area.
- The Filippo Berio Olive Oil is located in the baking aisle with the other oils.
More Pasta Ideas? Okay, okay – I have another one to try! Check out fresh veggies & shrimp skillet pasta dish = another good recipe to add to the mix.