Fish tacos are easy to make. These tacos are great for an easy dinner, taco Tuesdays or Cinco de Mayo celebrations. This dinner meal is family tested and approved.
This week we celebrated my husband’s birthday. Secretly, I think he would like me to tell you that we celebrate his 29th birthday year after year ~ haha (and, of course I would like to tell you that little wish for mine too when it rolls around…)! Just like everything in my life, special family celebrations revolve around food (lol). And, so it’s no surprise that I made a special menu just for him as part of the weekend long celebration that included many of his favorites. I surprised him on Sunday to wrap everything up with Fish Tacos.
Fortunately Cod was on sale here and I love cod in my fish tacos, so it was a win-win. The kids gave this dinner a total ‘THUMBS UP’ for dad’s birthday. This recipe is great for Game Day ‘as is’ or as part of a taco bar for your guests.
I served our fish tacos on the flour/corn wraps with radicchio, red onions and my guacamole recipe (see below) along with a side dish of rice and beans and our corn salsa salad ; another family favorite.
And, if the grown ups in your house like margaritas you can round this meal off with a sip of my frozen blueberry margaritas they are fabulous and perfect to share with friends. Simply click here for the recipe.
- 2 lbs. cod (boneless filets)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Canola oil
- Cut the cod into thin strips.
- Mix the bread crumbs, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, white pepper, garlic powder & chili powder together in a shallow dish.
- Place the cod into the bread crumbs and completely cover them until they are coated well.
- Heat a few tablespoons of canola oil in a frying pan and cook the fish until the fish is white and flaky, but the outside is golden and toasted. Flip the pieces as they are cooking.
Guacamole Recipe Link