Last Updated on
Homemade guacamole Recipe with Homemade Flatbread Chips
Is Cinco de Mayo complete without guacamole? I don’t think so!
Looking for some better bites? Check out our guacamole recipe that we like to serve with homemade flatbread chips. Our favorite part you ask? It’s all QUICK & EASY to make!
This recipe combo is perfect to serve as an appetizer, for after school snacks or to the football crowd on your couches and it’s total YUM!
It’s one of our favorite after school and weekend snacks & now my youngest simply goes to my site and makes the recipe when her friends are over, which I LOVE! Yes, avocados are typically a Fitz Family pantry staple.
Don’t forget to check out the FREE ebook on the front of my website that’s filled with FlatOut® Fun Bites that will simplify your life! click here
- Traditional FlatOut® Flatbread
- 2 avocado’s
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon Price Chopper lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the flatbread(s) on a cutting board and with a pizza cutter cut it lengthwise into thirds & then the opposite way in thin strips to create chip sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Place the chip pieces on a non-stick baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Baste the chips with a light layer of canola oil. Season the chips with onion powder, garlic powder & sea salt.
- Bake the chips for 7-10 minutes; until toasted.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise. Remove the seed and remove the fruit from the rind and place it into a bowl. Add the onion, crushed clove of garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper & onion powder. Mash the ingredients together with an avocado tool or by cutting it together with two forks.
- Serve the guacamole with the cooled flatbread chips.