We’re still celebrating one more week of summer at the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club before we turn the recipe pages to fall! Anya joined me to make one more frozen yogurt treat to share for summer 2012….
Cherry-licious Frozen Fun by Jodie Fitz
This is a fun afternoon in a bag…
8 oz. Cabot Greek Vanilla Bean yogurt
1 cup fresh cherries (NuVal 96)
½ teaspoon Price Chopper vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Price Chopper honey (optional)
2 Quart size Price Chopper freezer bags
2 sandwich sized Price Chopper snap and seal bags
4 cups ice
4 tablespoons Price Chopper salt
- Wash and pit the cherries.
- Place the cherries into a mini chopper and puree them.
- In a bowl fold the cherries, yogurt, vanilla and honey together.
- Divide the mixture equally placing each half into the two sandwich sized bags.
- Place 2 cups of ice and 2 tablespoons of salt into each of the quart sized bags.
- Ensuring the sandwich-sized bag is sealed properly, place it into the quart sized bag and close that tightly as well.
- Holding on to two corners of the bag shake vigorously for 3 – 5 minutes. NOTE: You can hold on the corners using folded paper towels, gloves or oven mitts.
- Remove the sandwich-sized bag once the contents are frozen. You can scoop out the frozen treat or the kids can actually eat from the bag with a spoon.
NOTE: The bags will get very cold and you definitely need something to hold on to them during the shaking process. Suggestions are above.