Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are a great way to use up ripe bananas. This recipe is great to make ahead so that you can grab and go for an easy breakfast or snack. There’s no butter or crisco, just peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Have ripe bananas? Need to use them up? Don’t want to waste and toss them out?
Check out my Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. They are delicious and easy to make!
This recipe makes about a dozen of nice, big, over the top muffins. The thought of those nice, big, over the top muffins leads me to a thought…The Truth? I am a muffin top eater and it drive’s my hubby a little crazy. We have the Seinfeld style conversation of ‘who eats a muffin top? And, why would you eat a muffin top? And, now who’s left with the bottom of the muffin?’ The struggle is real folks – haha. What are you? A whole muffin eater or a muffin top eater?
My recipe does not have butter or crisco, peanut butter is the only fat. Can’t eat peanut butter? We have you covered with WOWButter®. It’s peanut and tree nut free and can replace the peanut butter in this recipe (or any recipe).
Here’s the printable version of my Peanut Butter Banana Muffins;
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate morsels, semi sweet
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer, mix the bananas, eggs, sugars, peanut butter, water
and vanilla together. Once the batter is mixed well, add in the baking powder,
baking soda, sea salt and flours. Continue to mix with an electric mixer until
all ingredients become one consistent batter. If desired, fold in the chocolate
Fill a muffin tin that’s lined with cupcake liners, filing each individual
muffin three quarters filled with batter.
Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.
The batter makes 12 large muffins
- Peel, slice and freeze the slices. I flash freeze the slices on a parchment lined baking sheet before I put the slices into a freezer bag for 2 hours. These are perfect for smoothies!
- Freeze whole and in the peel. Simply, thaw, peel and use for baking!
- Already have ripe bananas? Simply mash and freeze in a marked bag. I freeze and label for specific recipes so I know how many are in each bag.
More Peanut Butter Banana Combo Love: Need more peanut butter and banana deliciousness? Check out my Chocolate Waffle Sandwich Recipe. It’s stuffed and delicious! It’s a trifecta of flavor…
Want to learn more about WOWButter®? Of course you do! Here’s the link to your discovery on this particular product.