A sautéed veggie medley is a deliciously easy side dish. This side dish is simple, but savory. This recipe is a great way to add vegetables to the dinner plate.
Sautéed Veggie Medley
This sautéed veggie medley is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. It’s a simple combination of fresh carrots, red bell peppers, sweet onions, zucchini, garlic and spices. It’s really a great recipe to make all year long with fresh produce from the supermarket, but such a fantastic way to use up those garden veggies as they grow if you have a garden.
This combination is really a great side dish that’s savory and versatile as it pairs well with so many main dishes.
“Fresh veggie season is one my favorite seasons!” ~ Jodie Fitz
On a side note, I have become an accidental gardener along with the so many others (wink). I have discovered that I actually enjoy gardening and L-O-V-E not only the magical serenity of it, but all of the fresh produce growing right in my own backyard. And, as you can imagine, that leads to the enjoyment and fun challenge of experimenting with recipes to use all of my garden goodness.
Here is the recipe for this vegetable medley to peel, slice and sauté.
- 3 large carrots
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, medium
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- canola oil
1. Wash, peel and slice the carrots discarding the ends.
2. Add a little canola oil to a skillet, just enough to cover the bottom. Add in the carrots and start to cook them over low heat. Stir occasionally and keep it covered while it cooks.
3. Remove the skin of the onion and cut it into thin sliver slices.
4. Remove the skin and mince the garlic. Add the garlic and onion to the carrots and continue to cook and occasionally stir the vegetables. Continue to cook with the cover on.
5. Wash the red bell pepper. Remove the top, bottom and seeds. Cut it into thin slices. Add it to the skillet with the other veggies. Continue to cook and occasionally stir with the cover on.
6. Wash the zucchini, discard the ends and slice the zucchini. Add the zucchini to the rest of the cooking vegetables.
7. Stir in the Italian seasoning, sea salt and coriander.
8. Cook until the zucchini is tender and serve.
More Side Dish Love: Another one of my favorite side dishes is seasoned roasted broccoli. It’s easy and another bite full of deliciousness. You can serve it as is, or you can also discover the way my grandmother served it; with a simple cream cheese sauce. Follow the link under the picture to learn more about my roasted broccoli recipe.