This sheet pan chicken dinner recipe is delicious and easy. It’s a veggie packed, healthy family meal. This dinner can be made ahead to make dinner easy.
Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Recipe
Sheet pan dinners can be easily prepped in advance so that you can simply slide them into the oven for dinner.
I prep the vegetables on the weekend and place them in a large container with the oil and dusting of spices (see the recipe below). Then I simply spread them onto the pan, add the chicken and bake on a busy weeknight.
This sheet pan dinner is a great addition to any make ahead meal plan.
This meal is delicious for your family and also great for entertaining. I love meals like these for entertaining because they can be prepped ahead and you can enjoy your guests while it’s in the oven. Simply serve a salad and some delicious bread like multigrain and you have a wowza dinner to serve with friends.
- 4 – 5 pounds chicken, boneless/skinless
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.75 pound of mini potatoes
- 3 bunches asparagus
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 large sweet onion
- Wash peel and dice the potatoes.
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the tough end. Cut the pieces in half.
- Wash, peel and slice the carrots.
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and then into thin wedged slices. Separate the pieces.
- Toss all of the vegetables together on the sheet pan. Toss them in a light coat of canola oil and sprinkle a little salt, onion powder and garlic powder on top.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a glass dish.
- Stir the poultry seasoning, sea salt, coriander, onion powder and garlic powder into the melted butter.
- Baste one side of the chicken, flip it over and bake the other side.
- Bake the sheet pan meal at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
The Leftovers: If you have leftovers they are great warmed up for a second meal. However, if you want to switch them up and create a whole other flavorful meal, turn them into part of a chicken pot pie. Simply dice the leftover chicken into smaller diced pieces. Add some peas, corn and gravy to fill in two pie crusts. Bake and serve an entirely different meal!
More Sheet Pan Dinner Ideas: Check out my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Dinner. It’s colorful, delicious and it’s a family favorite. This is a must add to your menu planning activities. Just follow the link blow the picture to another delicious dinner idea. We all need a list of winner chicken dinners to choose from!