Sheet pan chicken fajitas are easy and delicious. This chicken fajita recipe is a definite add to the menu planning. It’s a delicious addition for your family meals.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet pan chicken fajitas are absolutely delicious! This chicken recipe can be served in a tortilla, but we often like to turn them into chicken fajita bowls. It’s definitely a family favorite.
A couple of thoughts when I make this recipe;
- I make five pounds of chicken BECAUSE we LOVE LEFTOVERS! If I label it, it’s dinner leftovers. If I don’t, it gets eaten for lunch and snacks. Normally, I don’t mind, UNLESS I was planning on using those leftovers for another dinner (ha ha).
- If you don’t want leftovers the same week, you can FREEZE the cooked chicken, peppers and onions once they are cooled and then you can thaw and warm on another night to make your life a little easier.
My pickiest eater would eat this everyday if I’d make it every day (true story).
Here is my recipe for you to slice, toss and bake to try.
- 5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Canola oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Peel and slice both onions into thin slices.
Wash the green, red, yellow and orange bell peppers. Remove the seeds and innards. Cut the bell peppers into thin slices.
Place the onions and peppers into a large bowl. Toss the onions and bell peppers with enough canola oil to lightly coat them all. Spread them onto a nonstick baking sheet.
Cut the chicken into sliced pieces. Put the chicken pieces into a large bowl. Toss the cut chicken with enough canola to add a light coating.
Stir together the cumin, onion powder, sea salt chili powder, garlic powder and white pepper together. Add the spices into the bowl with the chicken and stir until the chicken pieces are evenly coated with the spice mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- cooked corn
- fresh tomatoes
- avocado slices or guacamole
- black beans
- shredded cheese (often we use pepper jack cheese, but some times sharp cheese)
- taco sauce
- sour cream
Time Saving Tips: You can buy pre-cooked corn, pre-made guacamole, pre-made salsa and pre-shredded cheese.
Want another delicious dinner idea? Consider my veggie packed turkey tacos. They are equally DELICIOUS. They have been kid-tested and approved.