Join Shane and I in the kitchen for a little family night pizza fun & try making the Star Gazer’s Pizza!
Star Gazer’s Pizza by Jodie Fitz
1 pizza dough
1/8 cup olive oil, light
1 clove garlic, medium
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning*
2 yellow bell peppers (NuVal 96)
1 green bell pepper (NuVal 96)
8 oz. shredded mozzarella, part skim
Salt and pepper
- Crush the clove of garlic with a garlic press and stir it into the 1/8 cup of light olive oil and let it set.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the bell peppers.
- Cut the yellow peppers into large slices; yielding approximately four sides per pepper.
- Using a small star cookie cutter or kitchen scissors, create seven small yellow pepper stars.
- Chop the remaining yellow pepper pieces into small pieces to use on the pizza.
- Create seven thin slices of green bell pepper.
- Roll the pizza dough onto a round, lightly floured pizza stone.
- Baste the dough with the garlic-seasoned olive oil.
10. Evenly distribute the Italian seasoning.
11. Lightly season the dough with salt and pepper.
12. Add the chopped pieces of yellow pepper onto the seasoned pizza dough.
13. Add the shredded cheese.
14. Top the pizza with the big dipper by using the yellow stars you have created from the bell pepper and connect them with the thin green slices of pepper.
15. Bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
* I love the lite house freeze dried Italian seasoning that can be found in the produce aisles at Price Chopper super Markets.