I can’t wait to share my new Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger recipe with you all. It’s sooooo yummy; if you like sweet potatoes.
We have been doing two things at my household;
- Working on eliminating wastefulness.
- Increasing our whole food intake.
We had two whole baked sweet potatoes in the fridge leftover from one dinner that needed to be eaten, but no one in my household is huge on leftover sweet potatoes when served straight up.
I also had a blend of quinoa and brown rice leftover from another side on a different evening. So, I decided to combine the two and repurpose them. The result? My pickiest eater, who is my hubby, actually liked them. And, you know what that means, ‘a winner dinner’!
I served my sweet potato quinoa burgers with a salad. Here’s what my salad was made with:
A Power Greens Mix (kale, spring mix & chard)
Beets (I cheated and grabbed Melissa’s Produce pre-cooked that can often be found in supermarkets in the produce aisle)
Honey goat cheese
Sunflower seeds (salted)
You can top it with your favorite balsamic or my homemade dressing (CLICK HERE).
Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers by Jodie Fitz
2 baked sweet potatoes
1 cup cooked quinoa & brown rice blend
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Remove the peel and mash the sweet potatoes while they are cold.
- Add in the egg, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon.
- Mash some more. In fact, mash until it’s all well mixed.
- Stir in the quinoa and brown rice.
- Place the almond meal on a plate spread out.
- Coat a non stick frying pan with just a little bit of olive oil (Note: I simply wipe it on before it’s heated with a paper towel. You can use a nonstick cooking spray if you prefer).
- Form very messy burger styled patties from your sweet potato mixture.
- Drudge both sides in the almond meal.
- place the patties in the frying pan and cook over medium to low heat until both sides are golden brown and your sweet potato quinoa burgers are warmed through.
Note: My mixture made 5 good size patties.
Looking for a fresh, healthy salad to serve this summer?
Check out this mix! It’s one of my favorites. This healthy salad adds a ‘wowza’ to the table if you’re entertaining, but it’s deliciously good to eat any day of the week.
I love me some fruit on salad = yummo!
Click Here for this winning combo.