It’s July, which is also National Blueberry Month, which means it’s time to celebrate with blueberry combinations! So, to start things off, we’re blasting forward with a little kitchen fun and making the Blueberry Blaster to share; a delicious smoothie.
Did You Know?!?!
* The NuVal Score of blueberries = 100
* Native Americans once called blueberries “star berries,” because of the five points on the blueberry blossom that made a star shape.
* Early colonists made gray paint out of blueberries by boiling them in milk.
* The annual harvest of North American blueberries would cover a four lane highway from Chicago to New York if spread out in a single layer.
* Blueberries are naturally low in both fat and sodium.
….I’ll try to share a few more blueberry facts with this week’s upcoming recipes…can’t help myself, love corny facts!
Blueberry Blaster by Jodie Fitz
1 cup Price Chopper frozen blueberries, thawed
6 oz. Price Chopper low fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup Price Chopper low fat milk
1/2 teaspoon Price Chopper vanilla extract
½ teaspoon Price Chopper cinnamon
1 cup ice
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until it’s thick and creamy. It’s like a milkshake, but healthier!