Not wanting the kids to eat chips, dip and sweets at your upcoming gathering? Sometimes the veggie platter has to be just as fun….
Fun with Veggies by Jodie Fitz
1 oz. Price Chopper cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Price Chopper sour cream
1 teaspoon of dry ranch seasoning
Central Market wheat crackers, round
Price Chopper Raisins
Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese onto the crackers that you will be using. Peel the carrot and cut off the ends; follow the directions below. Wash the celery; follow the direction below.
Healthy Tip: Use low fat, fat free and/or organic dairy products.
- Slice the carrot so that you have one round carrot slice and place it in the center of the cream cheese covered cracker.
- Cut the carrots into small, thin slices to create rays of sunshine to put around the round slice of carrot to complete the vegetable sunshine.
- Slice the carrot so that you have two round carrot slices.
- Cut the round slices in half so that you have four semi-circles.
- Slice a thin piece of celery to serve as the center of the butterfly and place it onto the cream cheese.
- Place the semi circles, with the rounded part touching the celery to create four wings.
- Top the butterfly with a raisin head.
This one of my Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club Recipes – don’t forget to visit at www2.pricechopper.com/kids