Last Updated on
Ben joined me in the Price Chopper Kitchen this month to help me pack up a fun lunch box snack that’s healthy.
We pulled out an oldie, but goody and he helped me to make lunch box packing a BLAST by creating Veggie Rockets with me. Veggie rockets are a great way to include those vegetables during the day and keep it exciting. We added some star-studded sandwich bites and a little fruit to round off our lunch time collection for some additional bites that are nutritious and naturally sweet.
One of my favorite things to do is leave my kids notes. So, I’ve included lunch box packing notes to make it quick, easy & colorful! Here’s a sneak peek of what they look like:
There are four notes to each page & all you have to do is click on the link below, cut them and fill them in with your message for an added surprise! Here is the link to pull up the pdf and print it. School is a blast note
I hope your September and lunch box packing is smooth sailing….
- 4 Sunset Mini Peppers
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 Slices of Cheese
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Light Ranch Dressing or Greek Yogurt Ranch dip
- Red and Green Grapes
- Star Shaped Cookie Cutters; Mini and Medium sized.
- Cut the top off of one red pepper and hollow out the middle. Slice the cucumber and two peppers into thin strips, take a butter knife and spread the ranch dressing in the hollowed out pepper. Place the cut veggies in the newly coated hollow pepper.
- Take one slice of cheese and cut to create the flames that would come out of a rocket. Then place the cheese flames into the end of the pepper.
- Use a small star shape cutter to create three star shaped holes in the pepper. Then cut three stars into an orange pepper, place the new stars in the holes.
- Using a larger star shape cutter to cut two stars out of the bread, and one star out of the cheese. Make a sandwich out of the bread and cheese, you may wish to add meat and condiments for your child’s favorite sandwich.
- Place red and green grapes into a small container to add a bit of “confetti” to the mix and surprise them when they open their lunchbox!