Marinated Balsamic Chicken is Perfect for Summer Grilling
60 MINUTES | EASY | SERVES 8
Nutrition per serving:
426 Cals, 66.6g Protein, 5.3g Carbs, 13.4g Fat
Looking for a delicious way to grill chicken for dinner? Want to serve a scrumptious meal to guests? Check out my grilled balsamic chicken recipe.
This marinated chicken is fantastic on the grill and is bursting with flavor. It’s an excellent recipe to serve when hosting a little summer gathering, but equally worth every bite any night of the week with your loved ones.
It’s just so simple to whip together this marinade, add the chicken and let it set. The chicken soaks up the flavor quickly with the balsamic vinegar in the mix.
I always top my grilled balsamic chicken with grilled grape tomatoes and sliced Vidalia onion that have been tossed and coated with the same marinade mixture. It’s the perfect finishing touch to this winning combination.
2 Large Bowl
Boneless Chicken Breast
More thoughts on making this Grilled Balsamic Chicken
On the Side: This marinated chicken is delicious with so many sides. Here are a few to consider; my grilled potato salad, seasoned grilled potatoes, pasta salad, a tossed salad, grilled asparagus, sweet corn, quinoa spinach salad, cucumber salad and so much more. The options are endless…
Freeze Ahead Life Hack: When you bring your chicken home from the supermarket simply slice it, prep the balsamic dressing (below) and place the chicken in the marinade in a freezer bag or an airtight container and place it in the freezer. The chicken will marinate as it thaws = excellent time saver.
Measurements and Nutritional Information: The nutrition per serving provided is based on specific ingredients and brands and is offered to give you an estimated value; it was measured as 4 servings. You can utilize Very Well Fit to add in any changes in ingredients and brands you use to give you more accurate information.
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 16.5 oz constellation variety tomatoes by Nature Sweet (grape tomato size)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the skin of the onion. Cut the onion in half and then cut it into thin wedge like slices. Separate the onion pieces.
- Cut the chicken breast into filets.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt together in a glass bowl.
- Use a third of the mixture to coat the tomatoes and onion slices.
- Use the remaining balsamic mixture to marinate the boneless chicken.
- Grill the chicken until fully cooked; 165 degrees.
- Cook the coated vegetables on the grill in a grill basket until the vegetables are tender. Top the cooked chicken with the grilled vegetables and serve.