Flavor Filled Grilled Potato Salad Recipe On The Side
40 MINUTES | EASY | SERVES 8
Nutrition per serving:
198 Cals, 6.6g Protein, 121.5g Carbs, 9.5g Fat
I love grilled potatoes in the summer. Especially when you create a foil pack of peeled, diced potatoes and top them off with spices and a little butter or toss them in in a little olive oil, cook them up and YUM! They make a delicious side all on their own.
When I’m making them for dinner, I create two foil packs; one for dinner and one to turn into a potato salad for another dinner or a picnic share.
Mmmm, this potato salad is full of added flavor. The seasoned grilled potatoes with cooked onions, cooked bacon, hard boiled eggs, a little mayo and a dash of dijon mustard is just the right mix. It’s amazing how a little grill flavor changes the potato salad just enough to create a new potato salad serve.
Here is the recipe to cook, cool and stir to perfection…
More thoughts on making this Grilled Potato Salad
How to Hard Boil Eggs:
1. Place the eggs into a pan and cover with cold water, approximately one inch above the eggs.
2. Bring the water in the pan to a rolling boil.
3. Place a cover on the pan, set the time and let the eggs cook at the boiling state for approximately 7 minutes.
4. Turn off the burner and let the eggs continue to set in the hot water, covered for an additional 7 minutes.
Cooking the bacon in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Add the bacon strips.
- Cook the bacon for approximately 20 minutes; until crisp.
Main Summer Dish Yum: Consider serving this grilled potato salad with my delicious Grilled Onion Burgers for your next gathering.
Measurements and Nutritional Information: The nutrition per serving provided is based on specific ingredients and brands and is offered to give you an estimated value; it was measured as 4 servings. You can utilize Very Well Fit to add in any changes in ingredients and brands you use to give you more accurate information.
- 4 white potatoes, medium sized
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ Vidalia onion
- ¼ cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon golden mustard
- Peel and dice the potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Peel, slice and finely dice the Vidalia onion.
- Place the cut potatoes and the diced onions onto a large piece of foil. Add the spices to the potatoes and a light layer of oil, just enough to coat everything lightly. Toss the ingredients together until all of the spices appear evenly distributed.
- Seal the foil by bring the edges together and rolling them to create a foil pocket.
- Place the potatoes in the foil on a preheated grill and cook until the potatoes are tender. Depending on your grill, 20 – 30 minutes.
- Let the potatoes cool completely.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and finely chop the eggs.
- Stir the cooled, seasoned potatoes together with the eggs, bacon, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Serve cool.