Old Fashioned Homemade Blueberry Muffins in the Oven
40 MINUTES | EASY | SERVES 5
Nutrition per serving:
212 Cals, 3.6g Protein, 39.4g Carbs, 5.1g Fat
There’s nothing like a homemade blueberry muffin. They are great any time of the year, but they have an extra something special to share when it’s blueberry season. The blueberries are just a little plumper and filled with a natural sweetness that screams summer in the northeast.
This muffin recipe is simple, but the end result is sweet yumminess. Did I mention how easy they are to make?
Blueberry muffins are great for breakfast, lunch or an afternoon snack. Actually, these are even great for lunchbox packing! If you have a child that’s not big on sandwiches like you can cut these in half and add a thin layer of peanut butter or flavored cream cheese to serve as a sandwich alternative.
More thoughts on baking these Old Fashioned Homemade Blueberry Muffins
How many does this recipe make? This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Swap the Sugar: Try using monk fruit. It can be used on a 1:1 ratio, but some people prefer a 2:1 ratio. Experiment and decide which tastes better for your family.
Can I use frozen blueberries? Yes, you can use frozen blueberries in this recipe instead of fresh blueberries if desired.
Can I freeze these muffins? Yes, you can freeze these muffins. Simply make sure they are cooled completely. Wrap each muffin in freezer paper. Place the individually wrapped muffins in a freezer bag or an airtight freezer container.
Topping them Off: These muffins are delicious all on their own with no added toppings. However, you can always cut them in half and add a little butter. Or, even better…top them off with my easy Blueberry Honey Jam.
Measurements and Nutritional Information: The nutrition per serving provided is based on specific ingredients and brands and is offered to give you an estimated value; it was measured as 4 servings. You can utilize Very Well Fit to add in any changes in ingredients and brands you use to give you more accurate information.
- 1/2 stick butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the softened butter and sugar together well.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue to whip the ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the milk.
- Then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly distribute the batter into a muffin tin with muffin liners in each cup.
- Stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar with the 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle it on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes.