Easy Baked Zucchini Fries for the Dinner Eating Win
35 MINUTES | EASY | SERVES 5
Nutrition per serving:
79 Cals, 5.4g Protein, 8g Carbs, 3.3g Fat
Baked zucchini fries are a delicious side dish making them a perfect autumn serve and a great way to use fresh zucchini. These veggie fries are kid-friendly with a whole lot of goodness and just the right amount of crispiness. Baked veggies fries are a great alternative to traditional French Fries.
In fact, these flavorful bites are a fun recipe to make together as a family because Family Meals Matter. The more that children are involved in the process of helping to make dinner and create new recipes, the more foods they are willing to try which will help expand their palate and food interests. Meal prep and dinner time is the perfect time for conversation while you slice, dredge and bake!
Whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
More thoughts on making these Baked Zucchini Fries
Dipping Yum: These zucchini fries are absolutely delicious all on their own, but if you have dippers in your family they may love these served with a side of avocado ranch dressing, a regular ranch dressing or bruschetta on top!
Heating Leftovers: Heat leftover baked zucchini fries in a 400 degree oven for crispiness; that’s if there are any leftovers (wink). Leftover zucchini fries are soggy if you heat them in the microwave.
Gluten Free: Simply swap the whole wheat bread crumbs with your favorite gluten free bread crumbs.
Serve them with my Italian Chicken Kabobs. It’s a winning combo!
Measurements and Nutritional Information: The nutrition per serving provided is based on specific ingredients and brands and is offered to give you an estimated value; it was measured as 4 servings. You can utilize Very Well Fit to add in any changes in ingredients and brands you use to give you more accurate information.
- 2 zucchinis, small to medium
- 1 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each long half of the zucchini in half again to create four quarters per zucchini. Cut each quarter into then wedges to create your zucchini fries.
- In a bowl stir together the seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together.
- Dredge each zucchini fry in the whipped egg mixture and then into the seasoned bred crumbs until fully covered.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place each zucchini fry on the baking sheet.
- Coat the top of the fries with a light coat of cooking oil.
- Bake the zucchini fries for 15 to 20 minutes.